Welcome to the online space of GPPAC's Preventive Action Working Group. This online space is a platform for members and partners to:
- keep up to date with, and engage in, Working Group activities
- exchange resources/tools and discuss issues related to Preventive Action
- share news and opportunities related to the Preventive Action topics (below!)
- [for members] have a shared workspace for Working Group consultations, meeting minutes, plans, budgets and other internal documents.
- For more information about this programme, or for more guidance on how to use this space, please contact the Programme Manager.
Useful resource by Lisa Schirch of the Alliance for Peacebuilding: linking Conflict Assessment and Peacebuilding Planning
See the article by PA Working Group member Moonis Ahmar from GPPAC South Asia: Conflict Prevention and the New Provincial Map of Pakistan: A Case Study of Hazara Province (pdf)
See the Background Reader from the exploratory meeting: the Role of the Media in the Prevention of Violence and Conflict - Going Beyond Assumptions, 15-6 December.
New report from the Institue for Economics and Peace: Pillars of Peace (pdf), which "provides a conceptual framework for the factors that are associated with peaceful societies".
TEDx talk on the theme "Natural resources and peacebuilding: Is the United Nations united?" with David Jensen, Head of UNEP's Environmental Cooperation for Peacebuilding programme